Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 1- Y-M-C-A

Today was our first full day in Jerusalem. Ben slept til almost 11:30 with jet lag so Abe and I had bagels across the street at his new favorite place, cup o Joe. I must add that I watched the end of "the big lebowski", which I started watching on my iPad on the plane. Wow, now I finally understand what all of the dude references I've heard over the last 3 years were about, one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time! The dude abides.

Anyway, after thin crust pizza across the street we headed for the Israel Museum, where we met our friends the Wildmanns. I enjoyed the museum a lot, especially the reconstructed synagogues from Italy, Germany, and the Caribbean. We also saw the dead sea scroll exhibit, a scale model of Jerusalem and a less-than fantastic kids museum. The boys did great considering their jet lag, the heat, and the fact this was a museum and not a ballpark. Abe fell asleep literally head down on the table in the cafeteria as we had cold drinks after the tour, picture hopefully to come. This evening we walked with our friends Lara and Jim and their two boys down the street to the YMCA tower, the only cotillon in the middle east. The 360 degree view of Jerusalem from the top was great and the boys enjoyed catching a tennis ball with their mitts in the green afterward. Dinner was at a small hole in the wall falafel place recommended by the staff at the YMCA and it was great, we ate in a small garden behind the busy street and chowed down on hummus, pita, falafel and all the trimmings, boys filled up on pita. Afterwards we stumbled upon "W Bush Plaza", no comment. Hope to start adding pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment